Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm Just Sayin'...

So, while I typically try and keep this blog light and entertaining, I'm going to go ahead and vent to the masses for a moment.

We had dress rehearsal for our final concert that's tomorrow in Lucca. The gala, if you will. And at this dress rehearsal I played 4 pieces for the first time with the singers. That would be fine if they were standard arias or lieder, but fear not. They weren't. Needless to say, it wasn't the best "dress rehearsal" and we're having another tomorrow morning. Who wouldn't want to do several dress rehearsals of a concert? I mean, really? I'm just sayin' that I think this could have been organized a little better. Maybe add some rehearsals with the singers to my schedule? Or start the music more than a week before the concert?

So...really, it's not such a big deal. Last week's concert experience went about the same except it was a thousand times more intense. And it came off fine. As will tomorrow's. Actually it will be more than fine, it will be exceptional. It's all in the attitude, right?

And that's all. Just a little bit of venting to diversify my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...