Friday, November 23, 2012

Building a Foreign Language Vocabulary

This week I found myself engaged in an extended conversation about the Moscow Zoo and the animals that reside therein. And I was grateful for every animal flashcard that my family quizzed me on prior to departure for Moscow. The animal flashcard unit happened to coincide with Shark Week, a popular occurrence in our household, so акула (shark) was firmly engrained in memory. But despite said flashcards and the unfailing vocabulary of "shark," said conversation about the zoo left something to be desired.

What to do about it?

There's only one clear solution: watch Король Лев. The Lion King. Which is, not surprisingly, easily available in Russian on the internet. I think I'm going to use this as my new study tactic. Slash relaxation tool.

So please excuse me for the rest of the evening. Scar is currently serenading me and I need to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...