Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Battle of Beet Salad

Let me just start this post by saying, the salad won.

I happened across a pre-made beauty of beet goodness during yesterday's revelatory shopping experience. I happen to love beets and, in this respect, Russia and I were made for each other. Combine said beets with goat cheese and a spinach/arugula mix and I'm about as happy as it gets. Yes, I love food that much.

Except for when it decides to wage war. Not everything likes to be eaten.

This beet salad falls into that category. No sooner had I finished than I found myself thinking, "What's that rough edge of something stuck in my tooth?!"

Answer: the rough edge WAS my tooth. Or the lack of a piece thereof.

The Battle of Beet Salad claimed it's casualty. And I'm praying a Russian dentist doesn't claim any more...something about the sound of Russian combined with a drill seems a bit frightening. Wish me luck!



4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!!! Be careful...We'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh..hope all goes well with the dentist.
    I love beetroot, so much I planted some in the sand soil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we expect a thorough blog post about the Dyenteest. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...