Thursday, November 1, 2012

When's the Best TIme to Start Over?

When you think about living in a foreign country, the first things that come to mind are the glaring differences: location, language, culture, traditions...some days the list seems longer than others.

But beyond the apparent contrasts lies a realm of subtle differences, perhaps less noticeable but equally noteworthy. The daily details.

I was working late one night and glanced over at my phone to check the time. And the beauty of the numbers almost took my breath away. 00:00.


Military time.

There was something in seeing those numbers that reaffirmed the newness of each day. No matter how the 23 hours 59 minutes passed before it, you still arrive at 00:00. You wake up to a clean slate, a fresh start.

And I can't tell you how often I need those. Definitely more than every 24 hours!

The reminder to shake off the past, forget negativity, redouble your efforts, and LIVE is always invaluable. And while I don't care to witness the moment every evening...this lady needs her beauty sleep!...I'm happy to know that 00:00 exists.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. Stop practicing what you’re going to do and just go do it. In one bold stroke you can transform today.
~Marilyn Grey

1 comment:

  1. very deep. We miss you. Did we hear that you are coming home for Christmas? I love your blogging and your chili powder-less chili. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...